Indiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Our vision: Individual well-being – healthy communities – visionary solutions through RDN expertise.
Our mission is to optimize Indiana residents’ health through food and nutrition, and support the RDN profession.
- Evidence-based practice: Commit to life-long learning and promotion of best practices to solve food and nutrition related challenges in Indiana through education and research.
- Advocacy: Empower members to be Indiana’s food and nutrition experts within the community and advocate for nutrition policy at the local, state, and national level.
- Integrity: Act ethically with accountability for commitment to excellence.
- Mentorship: Support both student and RDN members in professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Diversity: Support a diverse profession and respect differences in ability, age, creed, culture, ethnicity, gender/identity, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, size, and socioeconomic characteristics.
The Indiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Indiana Academy or IAND) is a Non Profit Association made up of more than 1300 diverse and inclusive dietetic professionals, including Registered Dietitians (RD), Dietetic Technicians Registered (DTR), and Dietetic Students.
The Indiana Academy is an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and has been serving citizens of Indiana since 1923.
IAND members represent all areas of nutrition services including those at hospitals, school food services, public health, long-term care facilities, education, research, private practice, pharmaceutical companies and special needs.
Membership in IAND is open to those who meet academic/experience requirements, and are members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Academy Diversity and Inclusion
The Academy has released the following statement on improving diversity, equality, and inclusion from Academy President Linda Farr on June 2, 2020:
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-500-1421
The video below was created to promote the work of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN) in Indiana, and identify RDNs as the expert nutrition resource.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
It is an exciting time to be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the largest organization of food and nutrition professionals in the world!
Membership provides the advantage of many valued benefits included with your membership, savings on purchased products and exclusive member offerings.
View AND career enhancing benefits here.
In addition, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the best source of accurate, credible and timely food and nutrition information for the public and media. The Academy’s volunteer media spokespeople are available as resources for expert commentary, story ideas and background on food and nutrition topics.