Diet Manual Information
The 2016 Indiana Diet Manual is designed for use in a variety of foodservice and healthcare practice settings by many care providers. This comprehensive manual covers essential concepts in dietetics and nutrition with reliable, science based information including resources for further information. The Indiana Diet Manual is written and reviewed by expert Registered Dietitian Nutritionists in the field.
Utilize the manual for guidance in meal planning for differing ages, conditions and needs, to aid physicians in prescribing modified diets, and by health care staff to interpret and carry out diet orders. Dietetics practitioners may use it as a general guide for providing nutrition care. A dietitian should be consulted if further information or clarification is needed. Don’t miss out on this informative, cost effective resource for your facility or practice.
The Indiana Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Diet Manual Committee reviews and revises the manual every 5 years. Each time an effort is made to include the most current information available at the time of publication. The framework of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Nutrition Care Process are used as the basis for the manual’s organization. The Indiana Diet Manual is available in two formats for your ease of use.
Features of the hard bound Indiana Diet Manual
- Divided into 5 easy to find sections including:
- General nutrition assessment of adults and children
- Principles of Nutrition care, including the 2015 US Dietary Guidelines, and the Choose My Plate Guidelines and diet individualization plans
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Diet Therapy and Interventions
- Appendices of supporting information
- Instantly available, quick reference for all staff
Features of the online Indiana Diet Manual
- Manual opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader from any computer
- For quick access, links to all sections are in “Bookmarks” on the left of the page.
- Search for specific words or topics using the Adobe Reader Find function.
- All links are active. Click on any link to go to a website or document.
Please read before ordering
End User License Agreement
By submitting an order you are agreeing to abide by the license agreement. You agree to not make paper copies of the complete Indiana Diet Manual for personal use or distribution, or alter the content of the Indiana Diet Manual in any manner. For electronic copies you agree to limit the online use of the Indiana Diet Manual at any one time to the number of copies you purchased. You may place copies on as many computers or other delivery devices as you wish, but only the number of copies you have purchased may be in use concurrently. You agree that Indiana Academy is not responsible for typographical errors.
Orders may be paid for by check or credit card. All credit card orders must be placed through the online ordering site. Please contact the Indiana Academy for purchase order information. **All orders (online or print copies) paid by check or purchase order will be completed after payment is received.
Pricing for Indiana Diet Manual:
Hard Bound and Online Versions are priced the same. Bulk purchase discounts noted below.
1-5 Copies = $75/each
6-10 Copies = $70/each
11-20 Copies = $65/each
21+ Copies = $60/each
Combination Pack (1 Hard Bound + 1 Electronic Copy) = $135 (limit one per person/company)