Job Title: Dietitian
Name of Employer: DaVita
Location of Office: Elkhart, IN
|· Works with patient and IDT to establish, document and update plan of care (POC) to achieve short
and long term goals.
· Assesses on-going nutritional status to determine appropriate nutrition intervention(s) and recommendations.
Consults physician regarding lab tests as needed.
· Develops individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy including meal plans for patients based on reported lab
results and individualized goals
· Identifies and develops the treatment and nutritional goals for POC and updates as outlined by the clinic’s governing body for stable and unstable patients.
· May request assistance from Dietitian II/III as needed with advanced or complex clinical renal nutrition situations
· Provides nutrition education and counseling based on individualized patient needs including nutrient requirements, knowledge and abilities, medical, economic, and social situation
· Selects or develops education materials and methods appropriate for individual patient
· Monitors nutritional status, laboratory values, dialysis adequacy, adherence to diet and response to nutrition
related medications and therapy to determine appropriate nutrition intervention and recommendations
· Documents nutrition progress at least monthly
· Functions as Mineral and Bone Disorder Manager
· Reviews monthly lab results with each patient and/or caregiver and provides patient with a printed patient nutrition report
• Evaluates outcomes and identifies factors that may contribute to undesirable results and documents appropriately
· Contacts and collaborates with extended care facility staff, or other appropriate medical personnel or caregivers to facilitate adequate and appropriate nutritional care
· Effectively communicates pertinent nutrition issues to the IDT and to patients
· Participates in patient care conferences, continuous quality improvement (CQI) teams, and IDT meetings
· Presents nutrition related in-service for teammates at least annually.
· Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or similar area required.
· Registered Dietitian with at least 12 months clinical experience as required by CMS but with less than
1 year specialized renal experience.
· State licensure or certification required if licensure or certification is available in the state where the facility is located. In states where licensure/certification is optional, a new hire or transfer dietitian will be
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook required as well as functional
Rate of Pay (Optional): $19.50-$23.50 (based on experience)
Contact info: Laura Williamson, 574-262-5295